I decided that rather than working on a separate experimental branch and eventually merging the whole thing with the mainstream version of dabblet, to keep them both separate and integrate features from the experimental branch once they mature.
So, today I’ve integrated some features that seemed stable enough in the private beta:
- URL & entity previewers
- Nicer scrollbars in Webkit. Julien Cabanes helped with that by figuring out a clever way to give spacing between the scrollbar and the edge of the editing area.
- Nicer checkboxes in Webkit
- Help is now a separate section, in order to make the actual application lighter
- Changed the save icon to something more current than a floppy disk
- Ampersand in font stack previews
- Font stack previews now show both normal and italic font-styles, since many fonts are entirely different when italicized (especially serif fonts).
- Transitions for showing and hiding the previewers
- More polished transitions for the tabs
- More robust header positioning
- “New dabblet” menu command moved to top to match established conventions
- Removed annoying confirmation popup before the page was closed. It didn’t serve any purpose anyway, as unsaved edits are saved in localStorage anyway.
- A number of bug fixes
Hope you like the changes! As always, please report any bugs on dabblet’s bug tracker.